Chicken Apple Sausage Patties

These are my new besties, they are seriously so freaking delicious! It is pretty low effort and makes a good amount that you can freeze for more breakfasts. My suggestion is to top it with a fried egg with a runny yolk and let that sexy yellow ooze down over that patty... Did it get weird? Sorry, I absolutely adore food... Ahem, back to this recipe, I use the amazing Italian Sausage Seasoning mix from the Well Fed cookbook, and it is worth buying the book just for that! I was inspired by this recipe and made my own tweaks.

To freeze these patties, just cool completely and place in a large freezer bag, and squeeze all the air out. When you are ready to devour a couple, just microwave for 1 minute!

Chicken Apple Sausage Patties
Makes 11-12


1 large Apple , finely diced
1 lb ground chicken
1 small onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp
 sausage seasoning mix
1 tsp poultry seasoning
 
1 pinch nutmeg
Salt to taste
Cooking oil, I used olive oil




- combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands
- using a 1/4 cup measure, form patties and place on wax paper
- heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat
- place patties into the skillet and cook unto brown and cooked through, make sure not to crowd the pan, I did mine in two batches
- place on paper towels and cool completely before storing



Comments

Popular Posts