Randos

I like doing those rando posts - they actually help me collect my thoughts so you guys just have to suffer! Ha!

  • It seems so rare that Cinco de Mayo is actually on a Saturday so I am actually excited for it! We are having our loverly neighbors over for some yummy Mexican fare. If I am making dessert, I totally am going to make Tres Leches Cake - serious yumm factor right there.
  • We got a bid to replace our carpet and holy mother, that is super expensive! Sooooo,  we are getting them cleaned this week. I am kind of excited to see how they look. I am ashamed to say it but we have never had our carpets cleaned in the almost 5 years in the house. Can I get a NAS-TYYY?!
  • My Friday is a little hectic, my car is going in for service, the carpet cleaners will be at the house, a life insurance exam, and all the while, getting work done! No sweat right?! I am going to try to prepare early so I am not stressed out during my exam, I don't want high blood pressure for that meeting!
  • My dad is back in the ER with an infection, it unfortunately has spread to his blood so we are pretty on edge about that... Any prayers or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
 
  • I got the cutest dress at Target over the weekend but it is a little long, you know for a shorty like me. I feel kinda weird taking it to a tailor because it was less than $30 but I also want to be able to wear it with my flippys so I am totally torn...
  • I have been on a no-sugar mission for about a week and so far I am doing pretty awesome - yesterday was the first night that I was craving some ice cream after dinner. Ice Cream is the bane of my healthful existence. I shake my fist at you yummy sweet!
  • I have started to work out again and trying to lose some weight. I am not going to do the weekly jelly updates but I have been working out at least 6 days a week for the past couple of weeks. It does make me feel better on one hand but on the other, I am pissed at myself that I gained back some most of those twenty pounds I lost a couple of years ago. I stopped my regime because I got all butt-hurt people did not seem to notice and I let that stop me, which is totally stupid because if I had just continued with that, I would have lost too much weight for people not to notice. I think a lot of weight issues for me come from self defeat or giving up because I think I am good but then I still fall behind again. I do have to say it is hard to find the time each day to go work out. B and I carpool so by the time we get home, it is 6ish and we are both hungry and I make meals each night so our dinners have been creeping to 7pm which used to be late for us. Life is all about choices and sometimes it kinda sucks...
  • B and I went to our favorite "antique" shop this past weekend and totally scored! First, we got this great American flag that is seriously 9' high x 12' wide, yes feet, not inches! It was a great price and the coolest part is it has only 48 stars so it is a minimum of 53 years old - super cool to history nerdos like B and I. We also got a great new entry table for a great price and it looks perfect in the house. I will definitely be taking pictures of them and posting here soon. 
  • I made a sa-weet picture wall but they are mostly empty frames other than this amazing piece I found on etsy.com - it seriously looks my our Baron! I love this artist's work and there are so many pieces that are just too cute for words. But we definitely need to solve our empty frame conundrum - it looks lame-tard. I will post a picture soon so you can see what we are working with. I want to do another wall like this on the opposite wall but I am still having that issue of nothing to put in them. The only really nice pictures we have together are our wedding photos and we need some fresh stuff!
  • I am super psyched for a volunteer event through my work, Habitat for Humanity. Since we have been pretty much done with house projects for a while, I am itching to do something DIY!
  • I need to get started on a Spring/Summer List - I have some ideas but I just have to write them down - ideas are welcome
  • I have to say that I out-do myself sometimes, in prepping for our annual BBQ, I created the cutest invite. I will fo-shizz share it here with all the little details. I am getting really excited, it is coming soon! I love parties, they complete me.
  • I am excited to have Shrimp Rolls tonight, it just sounds really tasty to me right now.
  • I bought myself lunch for the first time in almost 4 months - that is total crazytown. I have been really trying to save money and it has definitely paid off so I treated myself.
  • B and I spent 3 1/2 hours doing yard work this past weekend and it was so enjoyable - not too hot and we were not sizzling in the sun. We trimmed trees, mowed the laws, pruned bushes, and all sorts of fun in the sun. It actually did not feel like a chore or work - but our bodies felt it the next day!
  • I know this sounds bad but sometimes I sit at work and just wish I was at home and in the kitchen making something, organizing the basement, getting chores done, cleaning the house, working out, watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, and pretty much anything but be at work. I feel like our weekends are just so crammed because we both work and it would be so nice to do all our stuff throughout seven days so it wasn't so ugh during the weekends. Oh well, one day, when we win the lottery!
  • Last week, I actually used Pinterest as a great way to meal plan - I plopped B in front of the computer and had him choose dinners that looked good and I got those suckers on the meal plan! Not that he necessarily enjoyed the process but he was finally a part of it!
  • We got Mary Poppins at Target over the weekend (totally on sale) and we loved watching it again. It is just as magical as it was as a little. We were shocked to see it was over 2 hours long! I cannot believe we sat through that whole thing when we were squirmy littles!
  • I have been obsessing over something and it takes so much energy to think about it all the time. I wish I could stop and people say I should stop stressing but it is so hard to turn my brain off...I wish it would just all work out and I can stop stressing about it! Oh dear, pray for me...

Comments

  1. That "3 Milk" Cake you made was DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts