Running with Toddlers - The Thinkery

Definitely not as graceful as Dancing with Wolves but it's what I am working with here people! I sit here with Ainsley on my lap, "Here with Me" by Robert Koch and Susie Suh playing, Brave on in the background, and watching the storm rage on for it seems like the millionth day in a row. I used to love rainy days, then I had kids and realized I no longer have the luxury of sitting, reading, and curling up on the couch. Summer was the bane of our existence pre-kids and now we are literally counting the days until warm days are here every day. Then I can send them outside for as long as they can stand it, their friends are out of school, summer programs to attend, and grilling with friends.

Total side note - since living in Texas, I have been told that what we do is grilling. You can only call it a BBQ if there is smoked meat involved. So funny because growing up in California, if there was food on the grill, it was a backyard BBQ, you know, burgers and hot dogs. I have started to train myself to say grill instead, it is still hard to break old traits...

Anyway, to keep the natives occupied, I have been doing excursions with them, I really hope they look back and appreciate it because damn, it is hard! Our dear friends gave us one of the best Christmas presents ever last year, an annual membership to the Thinkery, the local children's museum. Last week I took the girls and we went with our besties, Lauren and Harrison for a fun time. While waiting for our crew, we played at the park across the street from the museum. As usual, the girls had a great time in the light room, water room, jump space, and the "farmers market". And Harrison, true to toddler form (he just turned 2), he only wanted to go up and down the stairs and so sweet Lauren got a workout. I mostly ran after Addy, our Ninja, she is soooo fast, quiet, and darts around people's legs way better than I can. After an hour or so of fun, we had lunch, food is essential for toddler cooperation! I brought PB&Js, veggie straws, and Lauren brought apples and raisins, a basic and awesome lunch for our monsters. I highly suggest that if you have kiddos in the Austin area, you take them to the Thinkery!










And the sweet looking ending to our adventure. Too bad this was a 10 minute nap and they never slept another minute that day...

Comments

Popular Posts