Catch Up and Randoms


 Well imaginary friends, my pants are clearly on fire because I said that I would post more here and then I was incommunicado for a loooong time. Since it has been forever and a day, I thought a random post is the way to go.



  • I have 50 billion pictures that I should upload to the blog, maybe I should just have a picture post, no words. I bet I would actually be able to get that post up in no time!
  • Last week was B's birthday and we had a good time. Ainsley and I went up to see him at work and had lunch together. He is such a proud papa, he was so excited to show off Chickadee to all his coworkers, it was adorable.
  • Ainsley is doing so well, she is such an amazing baby, I feel really blessed. She sleeps 8-9 hours every night since 8 weeks old (she is now 13+ weeks old) I hear that some babies are able to sleep 12 hours but we will take what we can get. She is always smiling and I think happy squeals are just around the corner.
  •  B got an iPhone a couple of weeks ago and it is really fun, I cannot wait to get one myself. We have been taking her pictures with the phone since that camera is better than our normal one! I will have to pester him to get those downloaded.
  • I have made so many meals frozen that we are doing leftovers for dinner for the next couple of weeks. I also have been snapping up some great meat deals so I have a big stockpile we can start working on.
  • We have some big things that may be happening but we want to make sure it is really going to happen before saying anything but we are super excited about the prospect. I know that is like the most annoying thing to say on a blog, I apologize in advance!
  • B has been traveling a ridiculous amount and it is seriously super hard on everyone in Casa de Campbell. He has been going on at least one trip a week and also a couple of 2 trip weeks. It makes me so sad when he is out and Ainsley is always super cranky when he is gone, which means Momma gets wore out! I also eat like complete garbage when he is out of town, I don't know why I do it, but I have done it even in high school when my parents were out of town!
  • I was watching this TLC's What Not to Wear about a mommy blogger that never gets out of her sweats and I got really self conscious. I am definitely hanging out in my "nuggies" most days, especially when B is out of town. It was funny, B was in Texas earlier this week and he was like "I can tell I am in Texas because these ladies are full-blown!" I am not saying I want to get that different but I know that I need to step it up a bit. I do feel the itch to get some new clothes, a make-over would be great. Can we just win the PowerBall so I can make that happen already?!
  • I really want to get back into couponing, and I want to try my hand at the EXTREME version. We just need to know about that big change before I get started. I have even started researching how to purchase specific coupons on eBay, it would really help to not cut all those coupons!
  • We are super sick of the snow around these parts, the weather has been all over the place...Two days ago, it was over 70 and today it is snowing. I am actually ready for some sunny weather and dressing Ainsley in ridiculously cute Summer clothes.
  • Ainsley's hair is getting super light and actually turning a shade of red - she might be a strawberry blond. How cute is that?! Her eyes are mostly dark brown but they are still lined with blue, I did not know that could happen. Her hair still sticks straight up but we have a little bit of a wave that pushes it back some. She is obsessed with hair bows, such a girly girl, she starts talking, smiling, and kicking her legs when I fit one on her head. I LOVE IT!
  • I will have to finish Ainsley's birth story before she is 25! I am working on it for sure and I really want to share it, it was one of the most beautiful days of my life. I can only hope that the next little Campbell (whenever we are blesses again) comes into the world the same way.
  • I am super excited for my first Mother's day. I was pregnant and did not even know it last year so I am looking forward to a relaxing day. B actually took of a couple days of work to be with his girls since he has been away so much lately! We will not be going out on the actual day because as former restaurant servers, we know the headache that is Mother's day. Waaay too crowded and waaaay too many cranky people. I requested a lunch at the Cheesecake Factory since I have not eaten there since I was in college. I remember going there with my best friend and ordering the nachos appetizer since it was huge and all we could afford! 
  • So our little miss officially will not take a bottle, it was a horrible experience trying to break her of "Boo-Boo" only and we decided to just go with it. I am blessed to have a great experience so far with breastfeeding so I am going the way of so many women around the world and in the past. I am already three months down and probably about 6 more months before she is weaned, we can totally do this!
  • Ainsley is still super petite, she was 10 pounds 14 ounces at her 3 month appointment last week. She is in the 25th percentile on all her measurements, steady and on track. I never thought I would have a little baby, but I absolutely love it. It also means that she stays in clothes a lot longer than the average babe. It is pretty funny seeing the sizes of leg openings specifically on her, they are huge! The only place she has chubs are her cheeks, face and booty! Haha - unfortunately or fortunately, she got her momma's backside. Not sure if all babies have a big rump and it gets smaller but she is blessed for now.
  • We are loving our cloth diapers, I will have to do a post all about it soon. I know lots of people thought we were on crazy train but it really is easy and totally worth it!
  • I will try to post more but I want to leave you with my smiley girl!


Comments

Popular Posts