Randos and Weekly Forkfuls

Look at me being all efficient with two topics in one post! I was having too much fun with the lovely Jenn on Friday and then celebrating 5 glorious years of marriage to the best Hub-B in the world so that is my excuse for last week's lame burn out on posts. Here is the meal plan that I included the info I would have included on Friday along with my random thoughts on this Monday.

  • Friday, August 24th - Halibut and squash foil packets with risotto and Scallops (Our fancy Anniversary dinner that only took about 40 minutes to make, my kind of yumm factor)
  • Saturday, August 25th - Little Caesars Pizza with Salad and Semi-Homemade Ranch Dressing - Was supposed to be homemade but the damn crust was still frozen after trying to thaw for a few hours. Whatevs
  • Sunday, August 26th - Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup with Homemade Garlic Bread. (I will have to post the bread soon, it was to die for)
  • Monday, August 27th - Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwiches with Zucchini
  • Tuesday, August 28th - Slow Cooker Mexican Stuffed Peppers
  • Wednesday, August 29th - Nacho Soup
  • Thursday, August 30th - Chicken Spaghetti
Here are the Randoms
  •  I am officially suffering from a Summer cold and lemme tell you, it sucks. I know this is the mental picture you need but my nose is like a faucet, it never stops running! B forcibly told me to take something a few minutes ago over the phone because I sound horrible. You know that sick, stuffed up, coughing voice is super sexy. Purrr
  • I got some new maternity clothes this weekend and it is so nice to wear stuff that will fit over this more than a bump I have going on. I took the new clothes as a sign to take everything out of my closet that does not fit during this baby incubation period. It was awesome to fill a huge Tupperware bin and watch B heave it down the stairs. My closet has never looked more organized, although it does show that Mama could always use more clothes!
  • We got Hunger Games at Target last weekend on sale and watched it on Saturday night, fabulous as I remember it. It made my want to read the books again soon, except the 3rd one, that one sucked...Just sayin'
  • I am actually reading The Girl Who Played with Fire, the 2nd book to the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I was super into the first book and liking the second but the funniest thing happened. B got me the book at Target and I got to page 120 and the next page was 490 and it continued for almost another 100 pages before starting again at 150, those 30 pages were missing entirely! Plus that 490-570ish pages was repeated in the correct spot. Of course we got on eBay to see if that sucker was worth anything, you hear about misprints being valuable but that usually applies to first editions or something. So womp-womp on no extra moolah but I replaced it with Target, at least they were cool about it.
  • We got the briefest relief from this dreaded Summer heat last week and that sure is over and I am dying once again. We have officially made the record number of days over 90 in the history of Colorado since they have been keeping track. We also hit the record number of days over 100 by a long shot. MISERABLE
  • I am so sick of all the political ads on tv, I would say the majority of the population has already decided who they are going to vote for. SOOOOO, why does every other commercial still have to be one of the candidates or parties. Leave us alone and allow us to watch our Real Housewives and Pawn Stars in peace. I am now stepping off my soapbox...
  • Next Friday, September 7th is the day we find out if it is a baby girl or baby boy. I am soooo excited to find out that B is totally sick of hearing me say how anxious I am to know. The super cool part is that we have 45 whole minutes to see our little Super Bowl Baby at our ultrasound appointment. The baby is due 8 days before the Super Bowl so I am loving that little nickname for now.
  • My Dad had some fantastic news this week regarding his Bone Marrow transplant. He was able to be matched with 5,000 donors in the database! That is the most matches the hospital has ever seen and it gives him a great chance of finding that perfect donor quickly. Hopefully we can get him healthy to see this little grand-baby be born!

Comments

Popular Posts