Working Out with Toddlers?

Ah, working out, the bane of my existence. I don't feel good about my body, I need to be a better example to my daughters, and I need to improve my health. These are all amazing reasons to workout, eat better, and be healthy, but damn, it is hard! I tell B that it makes it harder to be healthy when you can actually cook and bake amazing food. Craving a cookie? I can whip that up in a couple of minutes and my kids are ecstatic, win win? I see all these Pinterest freaks that meal prep and when you really look at it, it is for people that don't get bored of literally the exact same freaking food, every, frickin day. On top of that insanity, it is absolutely the most basic food possible, hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, and various raw fruits and vegetables, I mean, really? There is no creativity and those are the same people that live for the gym. Excuse me while I go barf...



Anyway, getting motivated to workout is hard, and then to put icing on the cake (yum, cake...) you have to figure out how to get that workout in either before the butt crack of dawn, praying your toddlers don't wake up to your workout jam, or do it while the beasts are awake. Either option is pretty rough, but for me, I am not a morning person so waking up before my angels is not on the table. I'm not a raging bitch like some but I am super out of it, a definite Mombie (mom-zombie) and desperately require 1-2 cups of liquid life, coffee. Therefore, I workout while the smallest monster is napping and the big one can hang out in the playroom while I sweat. God bless her, she loves to workout with me, I already know that she is waaaaay different than her mama and I am happy for that.

 My girlfriend found these and they are so perfect! Mom Bod and Chasing Toddlers


So today I actually worked out and I wanted to document how that goes. First I must say that I have been bad and haven't worked out in weeks because I have had the worst case of Plantar Fasciitis which makes my foot feel horrible. And along with my standard, while I wasn't working out, I of course, started to eat like shit again and divulged my love of ice cream. I know, I am not doing myself any favors. Feed the girls lunch, withhold lunch from myself so I have a reward for after workout and I don't eat something I shouldn't. Then put Addy Pie down for her nap, pee (I have naturally birthed two kids...), slap on some shoes with my super cute inserts like every good granny, fill up my water, grab my weights, turn on pop workout music on my phone, and finally get my workout sticks. Workout sticks are an awesome idea I found on Pinterest to mix your exercises up. Put one rep of each exercise on a wooden stick and draw at random.

I just updated my workout so thar she blows:
  • (4) sets of 25 squats
  • (4) sets of 25 calf raises
  • (4) sets of 25 crunches
  • (3) sets of 10 Supermans
  • (3) sets of 15 lateral raises
  • (3) sets of 15 Wading Waters
  • (3) sets of 15 leg lifts on each leg
  • (3) sets of  15 Twist Punch
  • (3) sets of 15 bicep curls
  • (3) sets of 15 bend ups with weights
  • (3) sets of 15 kickbacks on each leg
  • (3) sets of 15 Woodchops using each arm
  • (3) sets of 15 inverted plies
  • (3) :30 wall sits
  • (3) :30 planks
  • (3) 1:00 arm circles, switching from clockwise to counterclockwise at the half way point
This took me about an hour and while I was sweating profusely while trying to hide from the gardeners, my Ains was making quite the mess. The only positive I can think of is that at least she wasn't all over my body, like she usually is.  It will give me another workout later to pick all of this up....?
 


Comments

Popular Posts