Randoms, Pictures, and Meal Plan

Well hello imaginary friends, I hope everyone is is fully in the holiday spirit and enjoying the season. We sure are around here! I really wish that we had won the Mega Millions but c'est la vie... It's been a while so in usual fashion, I will do a random post.

Meal Plan - week of 12/18
Wednesday - 12/18 - Shredded Pork Sandwiches with Warm Potato Salad and Green Beans
Thursday - 12/19 - Shepherd's Pie
Friday - 12/20 - Black Bean Soup with Quesadillas
Saturday - 12/21 - Chicken Cavatappi
Sunday - 12/22 - Pesto, Salami, and Ricotta Calzones with Salad
Monday - 12/23 - Clam Chowder
Tuesday - 12/24 - We do our big Christmas dinner on the Eve, Brazilian tradition - Chicken Cacciatore, garlic and Parmesan pasta, Roasted Zucchini, and Tiramisu
Wednesday - 12/25 - Salad with Cheese Toasts
Thursday - 12/26 - Chicken Pot Pie
Friday - 12/27 - Turkey Sloppy Joe Baked Potatoes with Salad

  • I cannot believe Christmas is next week, that is completely crazy. I only have two more things to wrap for the little miss. We made a point to not get a ton of stuff for her, keeps the toy count down and the toys we got are hopefully long lasting. I will do a post of what we got Ainsley, we took a lot of time to think about good things and we are pretty happy about it.
  • I had a little party at my house last Friday for the ladies of the neighborhood and I would say that it was a complete success. Everyone remarked how they had never heard of it but I had a wrapping party. A party to eat and drink while wrapping presents away from little people's eyes! I will do a post with all the details, I kept it relatively simple because I was nervous about people showing up. In Colorado, it was hard to get people together for some reason, busy schedules all the time. The last event I planned was just horrible so I was a little gun shy, not wanting to get my hopes up. Only one mama was unable to make it so it was great, the ladies were here until after 1:30am!
  • I am officially under my pre-pregnancy weight now and I am super happy about it, now just need to keep going...getting the motivation to work out has been a little difficult lately and I need to get better about it. Ainsley is teething, getting at least one molar, so she has been super cranky which wears a mama out!
  • I love watching Christmas movies, I am actually watching Home Alone right now. What is everyone's favorite movie? I always have to watch both Home Alones, Christmas Vacation, Santa Clause, Christmas Story, the cartoon Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and Elf if it is on TV. I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life so I recorded it this year, I am excited to watch it. I totally was late on the ABC Family 25 days of Christmas so I missed some good ones. Watching this makes me want pizza...
  • I usually have a bit of the Holiday Blues and it was pretty rough this weekend. I just get sad that we don't have any family around. I reminisce about my Grandfather and all the holidays, we would get there early and help my grandmother make dinner and he and I would dance to old Brazilian records. It makes me so sad that Ainsley will never know him and get those same beautiful memories.
  • Ainsley is now eating real people food and she is so funny when she really likes something and wants more. She absolutely loves Mexican food, pot roast, ice cream (I know I am a terrible mother for already giving her some), meatloaf and generally anything I make that isn't too spicy. I am struggling with breakfast foods, I have mini pancakes, turkey sausage, oatmeal, eggs, and fruit. I mix it up between those things but she might be getting sick of it, suggestions most needed!
  • Ainsley visited Santa last weekend at a local German festival, it was awesome. She did so well, didn't even cry! Here is the evidence - he was the best looking Santa I have ever seen and the line was only 10 minutes, I think there is a new family tradition. We also had the absolute best jumbo soft pretzel we have ever had, AMAZING. We didn't get any pictures because it was frickin' cold man! Way colder than we expected and Ainsley was in a terrible mood other than with Santa so I was holding her the whole time.
 


  • I am shocked and proud of myself that I actually got my Christmas cards out, last week even! We took family pictures and they came out great considering we have a 10 month old and we did the self timer trick! Here are some of those pictures! In the last picture, both of my loves were done with the whole picture taking experience...








  • The houses that actually decorate for Christmas around our new neighborhood are amazing. It is so funny that our lights used to cover the whole outline of our last house and it barely covers our bushes here. We definitely need to step it up next year...We have been watching that Great Light Fight on ABC and most of those are crazy but inspiring as well!
  • I really need to start cleaning up the house and get dinner prepared so I should sign off. If I don't post again, I hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas and enjoys the time off with family.

Comments

Popular Posts