Randoms and Meal Plan

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I can't believe it is already over, I hated that it was in the middle of the week this year... Time for a meal plan and the requisite randoms.

Meal Plan - Week of 12/27
Friday - 12/27 - Sloppy Joe Baked Potatoes
Saturday - 12/28 - Chicken Pot Pie with Salad
Sunday - 12/29 - Pumpkin Mac and Cheese with Broccoli
Monday - 12/30 - Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Tuesday - 12/31 - Shrimp with Mushroom Risotto and Sauteed Collard Greens
Wednesday - 1/1 - Quinoa Vegetable Chili with Cornbread
Thursday - 1/2 - Turkey Cabbage Rolls in the Slow Cooker with Roasted Carrots
Friday - 1/3 - Chicken Pesto Salad Sandwiches with Italian Roasted Potatoes


  • I have most of the planning done for Ainsley's first birthday and I cannot believe it has already been a year. I remember Christmas last year, we were so excited for her to come and I was so big and pregnant. We have been truly blessed with a fantastic little girl and we savor each and every day with her. I decided on a balloon theme for her party, you can check out some of the inspiration I have pinned. For me, it will be pretty simple, I have the best luck with parties when I don't go overboard. I am taking invites out today so I am hoping all the neighbors can make it!
  • B's End of an Era post is now somewhat hypocritical because he was able to get a game patch and has been playing it as much as possible over the past few days. I am honestly sick of Batman, surfing the internet, and sitting around. Do you ever feel that you have exhausted everything on the net, you know everything you want to know, and it has become boring?
  • I took a break from this post and made dinner, I am so looking forward to it, Sloppy Joe Baked Potatoes. Delicious!
  • I have a ton of recipes that I am writing and will be posting soon, I have really slid on those posts. Which is hilarious because I still cook dinner 99% of the time, there are some good ones. Sometimes I do feel silly writing them because they are so simple, I think, everyone must know how to do this but then I watch the food network and they explain simple things too so I am guessing there are a lot of people who just do not know. That kind of helps me with my one-day dream of teaching people how to cook in my house. I would want to help the everyday meal planning and easy meals. Is there a market for that? Would any of you be interested in that? B and I have talked about it for years and I think once we have enough savings to tackle our kitchen renovations, it will be the perfect set up for classes. One day kids, one day...
  • I was just complaining about our laptop and how it constantly seems to need to be recharged and B told me to blog about it so here it is. I don't even go on it that frequently anymore because it is so annoying...Blerg
  • I totally love that Sprint commercial with James Earl Jones and Malcom MacDonald reading the texts of teen girls, HILARIOUS. It is exactly how hormonal and silly girls talk and hearing it in serious man voices gets me every single time... Enjoy!
 
 







  •  I don't know what it is about babies but everyone wants to send plush toys (stuffed animals) to Ainsley all the time. We are exploding with them and they take up an entire basket in the living room. We officially have notified family and friends that she has enough and to please refrain from sending more. Ironically, we already bought her another plush that we got for free for her birthday...We call them plush here at Casa de Campbell because I worked at Disneyland, aka BEST PLACE EVER, and they were not called stuffed animals because that would scare children and break the magic, plush sounds so much more appealing. Interesting isn't that?
  • I have a beautiful craft room and so many ideas floating in my head but I have no drive to get in there and do it. There is always another load of laundry to do, dish to clean, call to make, dinner to make, or relax for half a second. My friend Heather is the best at getting stuff done, you are my inspiration! I just need to get my tushie up there instead of watching another Criminal Minds episode, gawd, I love that show...
  • Mentioning crafting, there is another blogger, Meg Duerksen, and she has this beautiful house in flippin' Kansas that she started doing Craft Weekends which a bunch of ladies would be picked from this enormous list and get to hangout, make crafts, go antiquing, eat yum food, and stay up all hours of the night chatting away, basically a mama ultimate sleep over. I have always wanted to go, but alas, I have a little miss who needs me for the next few years. Now however, she is also renting the house out to other groups that want to do it without her involvement. You can have up to 16 people and it only costs $1500 a weekend which is extremely affordable and I totally think I want to do it with some of my Colorado and Texas ladies coming together for some mama debauchery, you know like eating a whole cake and drinking bottles of wine, CRAY-CRAY. Then I was thinking about this, this lady is making $6k a month if she gets every weekend filled and all she has to worry about is cleaning after! Makes me want to buy a cutie patootie house in a nearby town, make it more adorable and rent it out, offering a catered dinner each visit. I could totally do it! Thoughts would be much appreciated. B and I have always wanted investment properties and I feel like this is something I have not heard of before but it is obviously successful. I am not sure if it works because Meg is such a famous blogger in the crafty world...
  • For the first time, Christmas is still up, a couple days after the fact. We usually take it down the next day but we decided to keep it festive though New Years. I will take it down gradually because it is a ton of work you know... 
  • And because I love her so much and not too much, some pictures of my beautiful girl
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts