Musings and Meal Plans

Catchy title eh? I am just sitting in my nuggs in the living room, listening to the rain patter on the windows, baby upstairs sleeping and waiting for B to come home from being in New York for a couple days so I decided to do a post, I know, I am so dedicated...

First up is the Meal Plan for the next week or so, I had to do a longer one because I wanted to get into the grocery stores before they become the battlefield of who grabs the last can of pumpkin and gets bowled over by the frozen turkeys... B is also home, working, but at least home for the whole week and we are very excited for that time.

Friday - 11/22 - Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaves with Cauliflower gratin
Saturday - 11/23 - Spicy Shrimp with Rice and Corn
Sunday - 11/24 - Chili with cornbread
Monday - 11/25 - Fish (Mahi for B and Salmon for me) with Quinoa Salad
Tuesday - 11/26 - Pork Enchiladas
Wednesday - 11/27 - Salami, Pesto and Ricotta Calzones
Thursday - 11/28 - THANKSGIVING - See below
Friday - 11/29 - Leftovers - a given
Saturday - 11/30 - Poblano and Mushroom Quesadillas with Black Bean Soup
Sunday - 12/1 - Kale and Artichoke Soup with Crusty Bread
Monday - 12/2 - Mushroom Stroganoff

  • Thanksgiving is super low key around these parts, just the three of us so I am keeping it very simple. Here's the plan:
    • Herb Crusted Turkey Breast
    • Mashed Potatoes
    • Mushroom and Apple Stuffing
    • Corn
    • Green Beans
    • Pumpkin and Pecan Pie
  • I have been in a cooking rut, I am serious here, I have botched recipes that I am "known" for and my confidence is in the crapper. I mean, how do I screw up a recipe I have been making for years? I need to do some work and make some yummies to make it all better.
  • I have lost over 18 pounds so far and I am only 2 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight which I am very proud about. Slow and steady is the name of the game and I have not had my challenges. I just need to keep momentum!
  • I don't know if I am the only lady that does this, but when B is out of town, I let everything slide a bit. I don't shower, do the dishes, workout, make the bed, make proper food, or clean up generally. Then when he is on his way home, I dash about, cleaning, fixing, and prepping for his arrival. It is quite hilarious since I fix up everyday and it would be so much easier to do it along the way rather than putting it off!
  • I also watch movies that B would hate to watch that I adore - case in point, I am watching the Family Stone right now...I love that movie! Christmas and love the family - I kinda of wish I could have a family that size, 5 kids but skip the kid part and just have the adults come together for the holidays. I know I am nuts, you don't have to tell me! Sometimes I dream about having a functioning, dysfunctional family that can come together and have a blast. I have to remind myself that B and I are building that.
  • We have received a couple quotes on remodeling our disgusting Master Bathroom and I honestly crapped a brick. The first quote was $48,000!!!! Say what!?!?!?! It really makes me wish we were more handy and had more time to do it ourselves...
  • I love being a mom so much, I definitely struggled initially, such an adjustment. Ainsley is seriously the best baby I have ever known and she is MINE! She is so funny and smart, she can high-five now which is hilarious, you can tell she thinks its funny but no idea why she is doing it. When I get her from her crib, she pulls up her Cheshire Cat plush to show me and then she gives him a hug. Cutest thing ever. She now says Mama, DeeDee, and itty among other intangible phrases.
  • I really need to get started on a Christmas newsletter, now that we are a family, it seems in order! We are going to see Santa in a couple weeks and for sure that picture will be included. I am so excited for this first Christmas, so magical. I can't wait until we get the tree up, I know she will be obsessed! 
  • We are going to decorate for Christmas a little early this year because it feels like Thanksgiving is like a whole week too late and we want to enjoy it a little longer. I got so excited when I saw the Christmas section pop up in Target, Ainsley was also captivated, a good sign the Christmas lover is alive in her!
  • My craft room is pretty much set up, will need to take pictures, but I need to get in there and get crafting! I also need to take pictures of the THREE couches we need to sell on Craigslist. To be honest, I have never done it and I am super nervous, tips much needed! I cannot believe we moved three couches we did not need across the country...Whatevs
 My amazing husband will be home in no time so I have to tend to my pumpkin soup simmering on the stove. I am sure I missed some topics I wanted to post about so I will be back!

Comments

Popular Posts