Motherhood and Rando Thoughts

Well, we have survived just over three weeks and I wanted to reflect. I know that I have not posted my birth story, I am working on it, I swear! We are just hanging out most of the time at the house, counting the days until Ainsley is six weeks so we can venture out as the Campbell posse. These past three weeks have been extremely eye-opening and I wanted to jot some things down before my Mommy-Brain takes over completely!

  • After about 3 days, we realized that we were absolutely out of our bleepin' minds thinking we wanted twins. Granted, if we were blessed with them, we would be overjoyed. Although, the thought of being outnumbered is a little scary...But to think B was actually disappointed that we only had one baby at that first 8 week ultrasound is completely crazy-town now. One baby is already sooooo much work, I cannot imagine the logistics of having two! Holla to all those Mommas of Multiples, you ladies are saints!
  • I remember the day before I went into labor, I asked my friend Heather (hi!) if when she only had her first baby, was she bored during the day. Because, you know, infants sleep all the time. She politely said "No, it was nice to be with the baby but you are not going to be bored, you will just have to see..." Ha! I must have sounded like a complete idiot! I would relish the moment where I was bored. These babies are full time work for sure, I don't know how working Mommas do it, I am exhausted and I am blessed to be able to be home. I know that everyone makes their situation work best for their family and you all do an amazing job! Basically my day is feeding her, changing her, getting her to sleep, and fitting in small chores, you know, like a shower! I will have to post my schedule soon, in between all those other things, heehee.
  • When Ainsley was first born, she was so teensy that we had to go out and get some preemie-sized clothes so she was not swimming in her garments. She has grown so much in the past few weeks that she is busting out of the newborn-sized sleepers. The cloth diapers add to her rump area so she can even fit in some 3 or 6 month leggings. I am so proud that I am able to nurture and feed her to have her grow so much in such a short amount of time. At her two week appointment, we found out that she had not only gained back all the weight she lost after her birth but gained an additional 9 oz. It is also crazy to look at pictures from a couple weeks ago and see how much she has changed, she looks so different. I am so looking forward to seeing her grow and change, it is still hard to believe that B and I made her...Precious.
  • I am totally in love with her hair, totally punk rock, sticking up all the time. I am starting to see the tips curl so I think she will have curly hair like me. Yay!
  • I didn't even realize it until I posted these pictures but I unintentionally drew the number of hearts for each week. I guess subconsciously, I knew I wanted to do that, right?!
  • We still have a week's worth of frozen meals but we actually reached the point of being a little sick of them so I started cooking again. I was really intimidated initially but I have worked out a system that seems to work. I have to prep most of the meal throughout the day and then execute it right after her 5pm feeding. That way, we have dinner just after B gets home from work. Nothing super ambitious but tasty none-the-less. Here is the meal plan for this week:
    • Saturday - 2/16 - Seared Scallops with Mushroom Risotto with Chocolate Chip Cookies (Fancy dinner that was kinda for Valentine's Day)
    • Sunday - 2/17 - Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Potatoes
    • Monday - 2/18 - Turkey, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Burgers - cannot think of a side...
    • Tuesday - 2/19 - Shrimp Pasta
    • Wednesday - 2/20 - Italian Meatball and Vegetable Soup with Pesto Crescent Rolls
    • Thursday - 2/21 - Salmon with Rice and Broccoli
  • B is absolutely the best daddy I could have ever imagined. He is so good with Ainsley, he, generally, is able to instantly soothe her. I feel bad that he has to work all day and he wants to see her and hold her but she is usually fussy or asleep. Thankfully, we are ok with being homebodies on the weekends so we have lots of time together. I cannot describe how it makes me feel to see him care for her, the joy he has to give her kisses, change poopy diapers, wash her hair when she gets spit up in it, and to just hold her. When he gets her up from a nap, he cries "GIRLSY" and I can hear him through the monitor just so excited to see her. Pure love!
  • Our dear friends are coming out to visit next week and we cannot be more excited. Jeff is actually who married us and he and his wife, Deb, are family to us. They have not been out to see us since our wedding so this will actually be the first time they see our house. Man, we look young in that picture! Love you guys!
  •  Cloth diapering has been going very well, just like disposable diapers but with laundry. Which let's be honest, is not that big of a deal, I am doing laundry all the time anyway!
  • We had a friend come out last weekend to get pictures of little miss and us and we are anxiously waiting to see the pics, they will definitely be posted when we get them. I need to decide on an announcement design and get those suckers ordered. 
  • My brother was flying out to see our dad last week and his flight was delayed and he actually got to stay a night with us. For the first time, I was happy about a travel delay! It was so cool to see him with my daughter, I remember the first time I met his first baby, it is such an awesome thing to see. He is officially the first family member of mine to meet Ainsley, we are thankful for Skype to allow the others to see her at least.
 That is all I have right now, have to finish folding some laundry and get her up from a nap in a couple minutes! Thanks for listening/reading webby friends!


Comments

  1. *hi!* haha... love it! LOVE HER! Can't wait to see her again! :) You're doing awesome! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts