Campbell Nachos

With Football season upon us, I decided to post our favorite homemade nachos. This is a great meal to use leftovers, I love our Spicy Shredded Pork or Mexican Shredded Chicken to top our nachos with. I tested many different ways to make the ultimate Campbell Nachos and B and I believe these are the best, a cross between crunchy baked nachos with the gooey cheese sauce over the top.

I have a funny/warning story about the cheese sauce during the development of these perfect nachos. I had never used chipotles in the can and decided I needed a little heat in my life so I put the whole can into the cheese. NEVER ever use the whole can people!!! Apparently, you are supposed to only use a couple of the peppers, I did not get that memo and I put about 8 peppers in the cheese...The absolute HOTTEST thing I have ever made. B and I were sitting on the couch (I know, so American and unsavory!) dying, tears streaming down our cheeks, noses running, and lips on FIRE while eating, not stopping because we were determined to finish the nachos. Yeah, dummies with instant heartburn. So there is my cautionary tale with chipotles. Without further ado, below is my ultimate Campbell Nachos recipe, I hope you all enjoy it for dinner or next gathering for the game! This recipe is a rough guide as you can make it for two or twenty!

Campbell Nachos

Tortilla chips
Shredded Meat - Pork, Beef, Chicken
Black Beans
Jalapenos, optional
Corn
Diced Bell Peppers
Shredded Cheese

Cheese Sauce
Velveeta, diced
Can of Diced Tomatoes - drained
Can of Green Chiles
Taco Seasoning
Chile Powder

Toppings - Sour Cream, Cilantro, Green Onions
  1. In a small slow cooker, add all the ingredients for the cheese sauce and cook on low for a couple hours. Just stir occasionally to ensure the sauce is smooth.
  2. Heat the oven to 400
  3. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, spread the chips evenly on the sheet and start to layer on the rest, starting with the shredded meat. Top evenly with all the toppings in order.
  4. Put in the oven for 20 minutes, broil for a couple minutes more to get those crispy bits of cheese!
  5. Serve with cheese sauce on top and desired toppings.

Comments

Popular Posts