New Kitchen Scenery

We got some new drapes for the kitchen and I absolutely love them! We got them at Crate and Barrel and got them for a good deal due to sales and a sneaky little trick. 

First, let's talk about these beauties. Our window in our kitchen is enormous, over 100 inches wide, so it is very difficult to find drapes that are wide enough to cover the window. We previously had a set of super discounted Pottery Barn orange canvas drapes but they had the issue of either being completely taut or some part of the window was visible, and usually both. Which if you know anything about my husband, he loves his privacy and closed drapes! We always knew that those suckers would need to be replaced so we just waited for the "right drapes", you know, the "ONE". I love pattern and other than plaid tartan, B is not the largest fan so I knew this would take a while. When we painted the kitchen the dark gray and installed new counter tops, it increased the need to change it up, the orange just did not match anything. I would see beautiful florals here and there and was wishing that my husband would completely change his style (keep dreaming!). Then I saw these drapes, on sale to boot, at Crate and Barrel. They had a floral but they were not super fem plus it was a gray, beige, and navy blue scheme, perfect! Plus, the cherry on that sundae was they were 6 inches wider than standard drapes, SCORE!

My super awesome trick is with Crate and Barrel registry, you can get an additional 10% off anything that you purchase from your own registry. You can set up a registry for anything really, I keep one open for B to have ideas of more kitchen crap I desire (like I really need anything more). So we just added the drapes to the registry and waited a couple of days and we ended up snagging the last two! GO US! I absolutely love them and you can see in the picture below how the light glows through beautifully...Even Baron is checking these out in the picture on the right.


Comments

  1. STFU - LOVE that registry idea!! and the drapes are really nice too! (do they match the carpet?) Hey-OOO...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts