Completely Random

Good news everyone! I am somewhat back on this little blog, we shall see how I actually keep up. Since it has been way too long, a stream of consciousness sounded like a good post.

  • The heat in Colorado is seriously killing me - We are breaking records every day and this is a huge reason I have been a super lazy bum. Summer heat, especially over 100, is when nothing sounds good, you do not want to do anything, food sounds like a chore other than straight up watermelon, and you just want to hibernate in some walk in fridge unit. BLEH.
  • We had a little BBQ over the weekend and it was so miserable that we all stayed inside the whole time. B however made some fabulous BBQ chicken so that kind of made up for it. I was going to go all out for the shindig but I was totally over it. B and I decided no more Summer BBQ's, it is now a strictly Fall event, bring on the Football!
  • I ate a half a watermelon by myself this weekend, it was absolutely fabulous - I want more now...
  • I am so tired right now, I could honestly pass out right now. I am also super in love with the fact that when I state that I am tired, someone asks "But why?"(I am assuming you can hear the sarcasm ooozing from that last sentence). What kind of stupid question is that?! I am flipping tired and that is it, there does not need to be a reason other than my body clearly needs to be in kindergarten during nap time - where is my nap map?!
  • Fourth of July is on a Wednesday this year which for some reason seems extremely peculiar. I am sure this has happened many a year but this year it is just crazy town. It sucks because you need to take a minimum of 2 days off of work to have a holiday weekend. We are not taking time off, just enjoying two off, two on, one off, two on, two off scenario for next week.
  • Real Housewives of everything (except NY and ATL) is my guilty pleasure, especially those fabulous New Jersey wives. I am totally loving the drama with Teresa (she crazy) and everyone else. B thinks I am crazy for watching it because all it is is constant drama and I am a pretty drama free lady. I love it because a girl/crazy fight is a spectator sport and I am super glad I do not have that in my life other than sitting in my DVR.
  • My nails are the longest they have ever been and I am really struggling with cutting them. They are getting to the point of being too long, maybe I will just trim them. I used to get acrylic nails in high school and I loved them so I think this is as close as I will get so who cares!
  • In theory, I really want to bake bread and cinnamon rolls and such treats as those but the thought of turning on my oven is honestly terrifying!
  • This weekend, I had a serious craving for pancakes and I just wanted a simple pancake with a bit of butter, heavenly right? Well I looked for a recipe and pretty much every single one was all complicated and fancy like Pear and Vanilla Upside-Down Pancake (as amazing as that sounds) so I did not end up making them. A little back story on pancakes and me - we are arch nemesis' - I have never been able to make a successful pancake even with mixes, my grandmother's assistance, or from scratch. They usually end up burnt on the outside and raw on the inside, super appetizing, eh? I tried so many times, B told me to give up, I was allowed one thing that I could not conquer, I agreed. This weekend though, I was positive I could do it, too bad I didn't find a good recipe - recipes are welcome!
  • I really need to put together a recipe book for my little sister-in-law, it was supposed to be her housewarming gift but I should do it at least before her wedding! I am going to include cheap, easy, and belly filling recipes that she and her fiance should love. 
  • B was out most of last week and it was super sucky, 4 days without my bestie and love. I hate it when he is gone and he is pretty miserable as well, neither of us sleep the entire time. The only thing that I get a little excited about is going to Sweet Tomatoes for my favorite salad. I grew up with the California equivalent, Souplantation, my family went a minimum of once a week and I have assembled the same salad since I was a wee one. Here is my favorite salad in the whole world - mix of romaine and iceberg, shredded carrots, beets, eggs, cheddar cheese, seasoned croutons, and their amazing ranch dressing. I have tried to replicate this salad at home and many a salad joint and it is never the same.
  • I am totally stuck in a rut right now, I don't want to do anything and yet I am bored. I have all these blog posts prepped and just need to be finished and I cannot bring myself to do it. I really should be working out but that sounds horrible at the moment. I have a few ideas for little projects and I don't even want to buy the supplies to do them. Essentially, I am totally blah.
  • My dad keeps getting serious infections, which is pretty normal for cancer, but it still sucks hard-core. I really want him to get better so we can share the holidays since they were pretty much stolen from us last year. I would do anything to have him smiling and at least improved here in our home. I have visited 3 times this year already but it is totally different when family can be at your own home and you can pamper them. My mom totally deserves a break from all the cooking, cleaning, doctor's appointments, worry about money, and my dad's overall care. Please pray for my parents, this is the worst thing and I would never wish this upon anyone...
  • I totally forgot to post the meal plan for the week and now I cannot remember all the dinner's I planned, my brain went on Summer vacation too apparently. I know last night we had shrimp rolls and tonight we are having rice bowl which consists of Rice (shocking I know), ground beef, corn, and cheese. We are super healthy around these parts!
  • B is complaining that I make too many new recipes and he can never remember if he liked something enough to make it again. I need to start tracking these things so we have a good rotation of stuff. My friend asked me if I had made everything I pinned on Pinterest and I laughed, I have over 1,000 dinner ideas alone! B chimed in and said NOOOOO, she makes too many new recipes.
  • I work from home on Fridays usually and I always eating so strangely, breakfast which is fabulous, a wierdo snack that morphs into lunch like crackers and cream cheese, then in the afternoon I will have a lunch of a 5-year old, Spaghettios or mac and cheese. I am a super lame-o but I do love my preschool lunches.
  • As mentioned above, my brain is blah so I think that is it...

Comments

  1. lol... Ok I'm going to be bold here... um, always tired? check... cravings for watermelon and pancakes? check... lost motivation? check... Brain on a vacation and cant remember things? check... Snacking all day when home? check... hmmm? Do you need one of my pregnancy tests?! Lots of signs here! ;) Like I said... I'm being pretty bold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts