Randos

Another week, another Random post. I was MIA last week because we were in California!!! It was so great to see our beautiful family and have some time enjoying everything our former home has to offer.

  • I have like 50 bazillion pictures to load and post on here, I am planning on spending some quality time with my computer this Memorial weekend and get everything up.
  • My dad had chemo while we were out in California and it went very well, the best treatment he has received yet. He only has 3 more chemo treatments before they do another biopsy to see the status and hopefully that the cancer is gone! It was so awesome being able to see him and visit while we were out there.
  • This was my third trip to California this year and while I am kinda over flying and all the expense it is to travel, it is so incredibly nice to see our families more frequently than in years past.
  • My beautiful and smart little sister-in-law got her first full time job yesterday and we could not be more proud. She has really grown up in the past year or so, she will be moving into her first apartment with her finance this weekend and she booked her wedding! She is being very practical and smart about her big day and we cannot wait to share it with her this Fall.
  • This weekend is the unofficial start of the Summer season and I have to declare that I am already over the heat! Here in Colorado, we have been breaking or almost breaking records and we are so thankful we invested in a new air conditioner last year, it is already coming into good use.
  • We have the best neighbors, they watched our crappy little kitty baby while we were gone and we always have such a great time with them. We got their littles their first Mickey ears and they were such a hit, it was so fun to see them running around the neighborhood sporting those ears!
  • My wonderful and talented grandmother, known as Vovo, was so gracious to have us and it was so nice to sit and talk with her and she hemmed my dress in a few minutes!!! She would not let me out of the house because she knows how clumsy I am and would fall flat on my face with an extra 9 inches trailing.
  • I know we just got back from a vacation but I am very ready for our three-day weekend! The BBQ is getting dusted off and we are starting with grilled sausage kebabs, our favorite summer dinner.
  • I HATE our BBQ, it is so crappy. The stupid thing blows every which way when it is blustery, the wheel broke off so we have the wheel and a scrap piece or wood to support it, the cover is waaaaay too large and pools nasty water and dirt, the side burner never works, and it is just over crappy feeling... It just sucks that BBQs are so dang expensive so we don't really want to replace it when we already spent about $300 on it plus we assembled it ourselves and that was a horrible experience. I do not suggest it.
  • We decided to do a couple of different summer cook-out parties because we have too many people to have at one day! I am going to be sending out invites soon and I am so excited! I love getting everyone together and having a great time. Plus that means I get to Plan, Plan, Plan! Lists have already been started, I know you are shocked!
  • We are going to buy some flowers this weekend to plant in our pots, I love flowers. I just wish we had flowers everywhere because they make a back yard or porch feel and smell beautiful.
  • I am a total lame-tard and totally did a Twilight marathon this weekend when we got back from our trip. The story is totally dumb and very high school but there is an addictive quality to the books and movies. B always wants to know how Kristen Stewart looks so pretty in the movies and yet looks gross everywhere else! I think it is funny.
  • Have you ever started to get excited about something but you do not let yourself be fully jumping up and down because you want to know for sure? Totally there right now - keeping any kind of happiness on the DL..
  • I am one of those people that says, if I won the lottery and did not need to work, I would do blah, blah, and blah but I really wonder if I would actually do those things? I have been saying for years that I want to make my own bread if I had the time but let's face it, how much time does it actually take to bake a flippin' loaf of bread?! That is just one of many things I have some type of excuse to not make...
  •  Since Summer starts soon,  B and I need to get our Summer list together - they are always fun and gets us doing more stuff.
  • I am sure there is so much more I could write but I am all done for the day.

Comments

  1. YEAH IT WAS DEVOURED! It was SOOO good! I want some more... right now... for breakfast. And that says a lot especially since I'm pregnant! Wanna come over?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts