Rando Post

Another Randoms post!

  • My LASIK surgery went great, the doctors said it was textbook which is always what I want to hear! I still have to put 50 million drops in but the fact that I can see perfectly is pretty amazing. I have not been able to rub my eyes in almost a week and it has been torture...You do not realize how much you rub those suckers until you cannot touch them. I also have broken blood vessels in my eyes but they fade a little more each day. I will do a post on the whole shebang soon, just have to load the pictures.
  • I tried a new pizza dough recipe a couple weeks ago and it is the most amazing pizza dough ever! I definitely suggest you visit Annie's Eats and try the pizza dough, totally worth the work. I made a Mushroom Pizza with it and B fell head-over-heels for it and I have made it twice, last night I made it again, amazing! I will post soon, it could not be easier or tastier, plus it is vegetarian - a very hard thing for B to like.
  • We have had vegetarian twice this week and B has not complained at all! We decided to try to eat vegetarian at least once a week but shoot for 2-3 times. It saves money, fattiness, and is just good for us.
  • B's birthday is next week and I am totally torn on what to get him. He always wants Scotch so I will probably get that plus some other goodies. We are celebrating this weekend with his Dad and Step-Mom, with BURGERS! We love burgers so much so we will keep it simple and have some Five Guys - we love their bacon cheeseburger and one order of fries to share. Very healthy you know... Then we will head back to the house for some cake! A few years ago I came up with a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Blueberries and it has been a hit ever since. Yay for fattiness!
  • We are getting really psyched for our trip to California soon and cannot wait to see everyone! B's little sister signed her first apartment lease with her finance and I am so happy for them. I remember my first apartment and how cool and important that was for me!
  • I have 12 draft posts just sitting with partial information in each of them, I really need to get on that. Plus I have I don't know how many pictures on my camera that I just have not loaded to my computer to get posts out. I am trying to get better and my plan was to work on that over the LASIK weekend but I was not allowed to watch TV, read, or look at computers. Way harder than one would think.
  • B and I took a break over the Winter on any projects and I think all this warm weather has reinvigorated me to start something new. I just have to decide what we will do. 
  • We are thinking of putting in hardwoods on our main floor but hot dang they are expensive! We are having some quotes done in the next couple of weeks and we desperately need new carpet, ours is ghetto-fab almost 20 years old. When we looked at our house, the carpets looked awesome for their age and after only almost 5 years, it looks like garbage. You would think we are total slobs based on them, whatevs...
  • My lovely co-worker said the funniest thing yesterday. I was telling her that I made Banana Bread super late because I had super ripe bananas so she asked if I brought any into the office. I told her no because B and I love to have it for breakfast. So then she told me that she doesn't like when B likes something I make (usually sweets) because that means she cannot eat any! So funny because it is totally true, if we have too many sweets or B is not really into it, I will bring it to the office for everyone to enjoy.
  • I love the convenience of using my slow cooker so I have to beef up my recipes in that area so I have a delicious dinner waiting for me when I get home from work. Thank God for Pinterest because they have so many wonderful recipes out there.
  •  I have been reading so much more frequently than I have in years (excluding Harry Potter and Twilight binge-ing) I have a couple of book reviews to post, and I know it is not necessary to include the wonderous Hunger Games because everyone and their mother, literally, as read the books.
  • We went to see the Hunger Games and it was so nice to go to a movie with B. We only go to the movie theater once a year usually unless there are too many good movies to see. This year we are also planning on seeing Batman and Twilight. Batman is one of B's favorite things and he is so looking forward to seeing how Christopher Nolan finishes up the trilogy. I am excited for Twilight because I am a total girl.
Hope everyone's Thursday goes well - I cannot think of anything else.

Comments

Popular Posts