Hiatus and Musings

So I know I have been a very bad blogger, very bad! (That was me trying to scold myself) I would apologize but it has been a nice breather where B and I have been enjoying the wonderful Spring. So I thought it would be nice to do a little brain dump and update to kick the blogging off again.

  • Easter was nice and we had quite a nice dinner. I really tried to make it healthier and less stressful, and it was for the most part. Other than the meat taking forever, it was beautiful and colorful, recipes will eventually make it on here. The menu was:

    • Deviled Eggs
    • Fresh Fruit with Blueberry Yogurt Dip
    • Roasted Pork
    • Mushroom Risotto
    • Roasted Beets and Carrots
    • Whole Wheat Biscuits - Semi new discovery, Pillsbury has these awesome biscuits and they are amazing, I only grab these now 
  •  Easter is not really a big hoopla much now - I cannot wait for littles to experience it in full force again
  • I am getting LASIK!!! Oh man I am super excited about this, Friday cannot come soon enough. No more pushing the specs up all the time, not being able to cuddle correctly, no more crappy contacts, and no more weird vision at night! I love technology sometimes...
  • The last two weeks have been leftover weeks which seem a little lame-o to post about and I am sure you are all dying to know what I have been consuming, NOT!
  • The Type-A is in full force already planning our Annual Summer BBQ. I already have the menu, colors, ideas, and putting together an invite list. I will have to do a post about it soon, I love planning parties so much
  • I don't know if I ever posted this but I used to plan events as a job for a while. My family is pretty much all around event planning and execution of some kind. We are the super crew! My parents plan and design trade show exhibits, events, meetings, and large exhibitions. My brother produces music and concerts specifically. I am more of the party planner and have had the chance to do it where ever I land. This also drives B crazy because I am all over events, a little too obsessively!
  • My little Sister-In-Law is engaged! Yay! This also goes into my event planning insanity - B keeps reminding me that it is his sister's wedding and not ours! I am super excited to go dress shopping with both of B's sisters soon though! I never got to really go dress shopping and it was super depressing so I totally want to make this special for my SIL.
  • I am still obsessed with Pinterest and I finally have all my Tastespotting recipes all transferred over which is great to have all my inspirations in one spot. I have already started to make some of the recipes and they are going wonderfully.
  • B and I did our super huge stock up grocery run last week and we took full advantage of all the deals we had. I will definitely do a post all about it.
  • Even when people you don't care about or like say bad things about you, it hurts. It makes me feel stupid because logically, I know that their opinions mean nothing. Whatever, stupid emotions...
  • My dad is in rough shape again and it just seems hopeless sometimes. I know my mom is super stressed with all the bills, paperwork, doctors, and helping with all that my dad's care takes. I just wish they lived closer so we could help more. I will be making my third trip out to see them soon and I am sure that will not be the last, all just this year...
  • On our next trip out to California, B and I are going to Disneyland!!! It is one of our most favorite places and we have not been in a number of years. We have been itching to go and B's older sister wanted to go too so we are having a family day. We are eating at the Blue Bayou and it is amazing, not cheap but whatevs. Totally worth the money, I have not been since I was 17!
  • B's birthday is coming up and he totally is not into it this year. All he wants is a few books. I feel kind of bad and want it exciting for him but at the same time, I feel the same way about my birthday now...ugh, getting older is boring!
  • I wish we were one of the people that won that $500 million Mega Millions jackpot...It would have been so nice to not work, spend whatever we wanted, go anywhere, build the dream house we always talk about, and help our families...Sigh...
  • I know there is more to talk about but my brain is fried like an eggie so enjoy your Monday

Comments

Popular Posts