Randoms

I know I have not been posting but I totally feel in a posting rut so I decided to get the blogging juices flowing with a random thoughts post. I know you are all yelling "YAY!", yeah right?!

  • I have so many recipes to post but I will tell you that as much as I love sharing, it kinda stinks putting all the steps together. I do a ton of procedure writing at work so I am a little burned out!
  • I hate that I forgot to thaw chicken and sausage for the dinner that was planned for tonight so the meal plan is off. That is totally OCD of me but I love order and lists!
  • My friend Heather (hi!!!) gave me an Amish Friendship Bread starter and I am totally obsessed with it, every time I walk into the kitchen, I have to play with it. I CANNOT wait to bake it tomorrow and get some yummy homemade bread in the house. I also have already selected the special people that will receive the next starters and I am so excited!
  • We are going to our neighbor's house on Friday and I have been requested to bring a dessert, I am totally making Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie.  I cannot wait to make this sucker, picture above. Plus, total bonus is that it is from Cooking Light so it is not super horrible for the waistline. I will definitely let you all know how it tasted.
  • I am OBSESSED with Pinterest - the link is to my boards. I am totally using it as a warehouse of information. I have so many recipes, ideas, crafts, and links everywhere, so I can now have it all in one lovely place. Right now I am trying to transfer info so I have not been using it to it's full awesome-ness yet. Getting there though, very slowly...
  • B and I have noticed that we are at that lull in our lives that we are kinda bored all the time. We feel like weekends are too short but when they are around, we don't know what to do. It's wierd but hopefully a little bit of warmer weather will help that out.
  • I was reading the Golden Compass and I finished it but instead of heading to the next book, I have started the Hunger Games. Man, I just started it yesterday and I have to say it is pretty good. I love the fact that it got right into the story, some books totally drag with all the back story for too long and I lose interest. B is totally eating the series up and he is almost done with the last one and he is a little sad that it is over. I think we will start the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next. We really like series, I guess that is the Harry Potter fans in us. 
  • Mentioning Harry Potter, I saw that J.K. Rowling is writing a new book, adults only. I got instantly giddy and cannot wait. Hogwarts with bow-chick-a-bow-wow?! Just kidding!
  • B and I have noticed, along with some of our friends, more and more movies have cheating in it. It really bothers us and it seems like movies are trying to say it is totally normal and if you have been cheated on, then you are the bad guy for feeling hurt. Makes me want to barf! I mean seriously, we watched Contagion over the weekend and in the first 2 minutes, the character cheated. NASTY. I could go on-and-on about this but that is fodder for another post.
  • My Dad's cancer is really bad and it seems like everyday there is some new side effect, discomfort, or general weirdness that puzzles the doctors. I feel bad that we are far away but I have been out there twice so I feel helpless to aid in his care. My mom is doing an awesome job through all of it and I feel like she has no break. I have heard that it is really tumultuous at the early part of care and then there is a tipping point so we are definitely holding out hope. It is hard to believe that he was only diagnosed just over two months ago, it seems like he has been sick forever. I just hope and pray that he is not for too much longer...
  • It is totally lame for someone who does not like Summer to already be thinking of it and kinda hoping it warms up soon. I am already thinking about the Summer list and make it more things we will actually accomplish like Homemade BBQ Sauce and Summer Cook Outs. LOVE IT!
  • That reminds me that I need to put up the Winter list to show everything we did! We crossed everything off except for one!!! I am pretty proud of ourselves and I need to get our Spring List together. Spring is kind of a throw away almost because here in Colorado it is more of our harsh winter in the Spring months. I am excited for Easter though so we will have some items around those.
  • I have so many more things bouncing around my head but I will not continue your boredom! but I will leave you with a picture of the editor, I hope there are no spelling mistakes!

 

Comments

Popular Posts