Weekly Forkfuls

This week we are doing our freezer clean out with a week of leftovers! I love Leftover Week so I don't really have to stress about making dinner when I get home, just pop that sucker in the oven or in a pot. We do these periodically because my freezer does not have enough space and I make enough food for a small army so we can have lunches and leftovers. I find it is a great way to have easy meals and it certainly helps the wallet. The savings are pretty awesome when you do a Leftover week once a month like we do - all I have to buy at the store are our basics and some fresh produce for the week coming up. Well enough of my chit chat and here is our Meal Plan for the week

  • Friday - 9/16 - Cider Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter Pecan Rice with Broccoli - I didn't have a chance to make it earlier this week so we are having it tonight!
  • Saturday - 9/17 - Campbell Clam Chowda (I am a little nervous about this as I have never frozen chowder so I am giving myself a Saturday in case I need to whip something else up!)
  • Sunday - 9/18 - BBQ Shredded Beef Nachos - Beef was for sandwiches in another life
  • Monday - 9/19 - Everything but the Chicken Sink (recipe to come soon!)
  • Tuesday - 9/20 - Salmon Tacos with Black Bean Salad - from leftover Salmon Cakes
  • Wednesday - 9/21 - Chili Hashbrown Bake with Salad
  • Thursday - 9/22 - Snow Pea Soup

After all of those leftovers, I only have two more stuck in the freezer!

Comments

Popular Posts