Virtual Vacation

Well since we are always saving in our house for whatever comes next in our crazy life, we don't go on many trips together. Our first real vacation was last year for B's 30th Birthday with a trip to Disney World. Even our Honeymoon was 3 days over the Labor Day weekend in San Francisco and it was horrible, not because of each other, we are totally madly in love (I will pause for you to barf in a corner)... But not taking trips is a sacrifice we make and we do not feel like we make the wrong decision. We go back to Cali-fo-ni-ay once a year on average and we usually do a second family trip every other year - It kinda sucks to use our vacation time on the same things every year but so awesome to see everyone we love. We would also love to share our home with our family but my parents and B's little sister are the only ones! Hint, Hint family and friends - we love you!

Back to our virtual vay-cay - B has been traveling for work a ton and has been able to see so many different places, he is very proud to say he has been to 30 some of our 50 states! This last trip he did was to Portland, Oregon and he unabashedly fell in love with that city. I have heard so many good things about it, this brought my desire for a trip out there to a fever pitch. So the next best thing to going is to dream about going and y'all know how I love to plan so here is my Portland vacation!

Accommodations

Hotel Modera - this place looks great and is super affordable


 























Things to Do

Portland Japanese Garden - looks like a great place to just relax and feel one with nature (I know a total hippie comment but it is so true!)






International Rose Test Garden - I know more nature but I love roses and it has got to smell glorious





The Grotto - blah, blah, nature, blah, blah. I love that it is free! I couldn't find any pictures that were awesome but I hear it is amazing.

Portland Art Museum - I love a museum visit - something I always grew up with and now I love to see what each city values in art


Pittock Mansion - It looks amazing and I totally wish I lived there!



Roloff Farms - None other than the Little People, Big World farm! They are only open for October so my imaginary trip would be then!

We would also like to drive to the coast and see some beautiful water. It has been too long since we have seen a beach and ocean water!

THE FOOD - Quite obviously the most important part!

Voodoo Donuts - B had one of their donuts and said it was amazing. They have fun flavors and names for each of their confections - there is not one that sound bad!

Pine State Biscuits - Because who doesn't want a delicious and caloric bomb of a breakfast! When you look at that, I am sure your mouth is watering just like mine.


Portland Soup Company - totally saw this on Eat St. on Cooking Channel and I was instantly craving some soup and fresh homemade mozzarella. Let the drooling begin!

Otto's Sausage and Meat Market - You can't go wrong with home spun sausages and it was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

Pok Pok - This place is famous, I have seen and read about it just about everywhere in the food world and I would love to try some authentic Thai food from a total gringo!

Portland Farmer's Market - this is a dual food and things to do destination. I hear fabulous things about Northwest produce






Wow - that all sounds like a fab vacation and I hope one day, B and I are able to live it out in the flesh rather than virtually. Know of any other great places to visit?

Comments

Popular Posts