Binder Heaven

I have mentioned a couple of times that I am obsessive about my recipe organization along with my weirdo planning tendencies. Let's take a moment to think about some kind of intervention for me, those items along with my cookbook purchasing compulsion... But Borders is going out of business (moment of silence) and I got them for pennies!



Anywho - back to my loverly binders. They are the best way for me to put all the recipes I see orwant to make, magazines, ads, newspapers, I got 'em all! I get my magazines each month, flip through them and get all excited, and then go back and look through it again and mark each recipe I want to try. (I subscribe to Food Network, Food and Wine, and Cooking Light). Then I tear out all the pages and start the cutting process, this takes a while and I have a little "inbox" of recipes needing to be cut. I got this super cutie at Target for $6, I know, a total splurge but i hated the pages all over the place!



Then we get to the binder awesomeness! Once they are all cut, I can start gluing them to pages in each of the sections of my binder. It is a little like a puzzle, trying to get as many recipes included on a page as humanely possible. Public announcement - glue sticks were killed and consumed during this process. I have my binders divided into several different sections I find most helpful for the meal planning process. They are:



  • Breakfast
  • Soups/Salads
  • Sandwiches
  • Meat - Beef, Pork, Lamb
  • Poultry
  • Seafood
  • Vegetarian
  • Side Dishes
  • Appetizers
  • Cocktails
  • Condiments
  • Savory Breads
  • Desserts
  • Miscellaneous - this section I put techniques or cool ideas I find


That way, if I am stumped on dinner or some par-tay, I just go to the section I need a little inspiration for! Currently I have two binders but I fully expect this to grow exponentially. I want a little library of cooking paraphernalia one day - hey, a girl can dream!

I hope this helps you get an organized way of keeping track of all those awesome recipes you see along the way!  

Comments

Popular Posts