A Lurve Note

I was supposed to post this yesterday but life kinda got in the way!

Today is B and my wedding Anniversary - four glorious years with the love of my life.  I feel so lucky to have found "the ONE" at such an early age, he is truly my other half. I remember the day we met like it was yesterday, it all began at Citrus City Grille in Orange. It will always be a cherished memory and I will definitely have to go into our Love Story one day...



Our wedding day was the most perfect day I have ever experienced. Wedding planning was the only time we have ever been bitey to each other and I was so glad all that stress was over the day I woke up and knew that I was marrying my absolute best friend.



I started the day by applying my foundation and those blasted fake eyelashes, that took like forever and a day to get those suckers on but it was totally worth it once I looked at the pictures. My maid-of-honor, my bestie Surbhi, and my mom took me out to breakfast at a local fave, Toast. It was so relaxing and hard to believe I would be getting married in a few short hours.  We then made our way to our ceremony site, the Denver Botanic Gardens, a definite suggestion to anyone who is ever in our fair city. Slowly but surely, we all got ready. Amber, my lovely sister-in-law did my hair just perfectly and my family slowly filtered in and out to see me. My grandmother came in and told me that it was raining - in Brazil, rain on your wedding day is like super awesome good luck, so we all got really happy. That also meant that the blasted heat was gone for our ceremony! I was running out of time and I rushed on my makeup, it all turned out.




I could not wait to see B that day, it felt like I was going to see him for the first time. We decided to do our "first look" before the ceremony because we were all jitters and it was a private moment for us. I saw him looking all debonair and it felt like my heart was going to explode! Of course I started to cry like a wimpy, at least I was a wimpy in love. We took our pictures and then it was ceremony time!



My bridesmaid's  all lined up and my gorgeous nieces and nephew decided they wanted to hold hands instead of blow bubbles. That ended up being one of the cutest pictures of the day! I held my dad's arm and the butterflies started to go all a flutter, and then we started down the aisle as soon as Ave Maria started. I saw B and it was like the first day we met, so exciting.



Our extremely amazing friend, Jeff, officiated our ceremony and it was the most beautiful, touching, funny, and heartfelt ceremony I have ever been at, and amazingly it was my own! Jeff, we continue to thank you for your amazing words. B started crying as soon as we held hands and I got all choked up and I promised myself to let the waterworks start after I read my vows so I didn't screw them up. Later I found out that B was a little upset that I wasn't letting those salties drop right away! As we kissed and sealed our vows in love, I glanced around and saw that every adult was wiping little tears from their eyes and that is when I knew that we were truly surrounded by love and the people we care about. We decided to have a very small wedding so we would have a chance to really connect and have a personal day with our lovies.




That was our ceremony to become husband and wife and just the start of a fabulous union. We have been through so much in the past 4 years and we received good news today and we think it was God's anniversary gift to us.




B - I love you more than anything and I still am in disbelief that you chose me to be your partner. May our love always be secure and grow more than it already has. You are my love and forever we will be the best team and I am excited for our future and everything that comes along with it!

Comments

Popular Posts