Recipe: Browned Butter Shortbread Cookies

I made these little puppies for Mother's Day to give to my local mama crew. B asked me to take a year off from my little momma gifts but I cannot help myself, especially when I had everything to make these. This was my first time making them and they were amaze-balls, B said even better than Walkers, which is something to say! I wish I could have sent these to every deserving mama or special lady, so this is my way of sharing them. Make them stat, I'm sure every single one of you has flour, butter, and brown sugar hanging around! I packed them in plain brown bags with three different bags of tea and included the recipe, a great gift for anyone that needs some tranquility...




Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour


1.    Preheat oven to 300
2.   Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl
3.   Gradually add the flour and stir to combine
4.   Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth
5.   Pat or roll the dough into a large rectangle on a cookie sheet until it is about ½ inch thick
6.   Cut the dough into small rectangles using a knife or pastry cutter
7.   Prick the top of each cookie finger with a fork
8.   Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are browning slightly on the edges
9.   Let cool and cut along the lines already there

Recipe from the midnight baker

Comments

Popular Posts