Easy Italian Bangers and Mash with Brussels Sprouts

This was a great, easy, and healthy dinner I whipped up with items lurking in the fridge and freezer. Bangers and Mash is one of my favorite British meals and I decided to make it a little more Italian and healthy without gravy and with some lighter sausage. It's not really a recipe, but a dinner idea or inspiration.

  • I grab Spicy Parmesan Chicken Sausages at Sprouts when they are on sale and freeze them to use for pastas or dinners like this. All I do is prick the sausage in a few places and sear in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Get it nice and caramelized and then pop into a 400 oven until cooked through, meat thermometer stuck into an end registering at 165 - make sure it is there because these are chicken sausages.
  • The brussels sprouts are from those fantastic microwave in a bag frozen variety that is a staple in our house, just sprinkled with some salt and pepper. 
  • I had a few potatoes so I just used them in my favorite basic mash recipe. The mashed potatoes I flavored up with some pesto I had from Costco, super affordable for how much you get and again, you can freeze it!  

Hope this inspires you to throw together a meal for your family



Comments

Popular Posts